Farewell Khutbah for the Last Friday of Ramadan
In the Name of Almighty Allah,Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu
Al Hamdu Lillaahi Rabbil 'Aalameen was Salaatu
was Salaamu 'alaa Ashrafil Anbiyaa'e wal Mursaleen
1. All Praise is due to Almighty Allah, the Bounteous King; He is the Mighty,Omnipotent, Gracious and Obliging, Who reveals Himself everyday in adifferent state. I always praise Him, and am thankful to Him secretly andopenly. I bear witness that no one is worthy of worship but Almighty AllahSubhanahu Wata'ala. He is One and has no partner. This is the testimonywhich I sincerely believe with my heart and tongue. I also bear witness thatour Spiritual Chief, our Apostle, and our Friend Nabee Muhammad SallallahooAlayhi Wasallam is the Servant and True Messenger, whom Almighty Allah sentwith True Guidance and explanation (of Truth).
2. O People who are present here! The Month of Ramadan is coming to an end;where are the eyes that will weep and where are the hearts that will humblethemselves by the fear of Almighty Allah, the Bounteous King? You have heardthis so many times from the Most Holy and Noble Qur'an: "All the creatureswill certainly die." Now the time of the departure of the month of Ramadanis very near and with you it will stay just like a night-guest, or like adeparting beloved. Never forget that the separation of good friends is avery bitter thing; so where are those who will perform as many good deedsduring this month? Undoubtedly those who have fasted, have collected greatbenefits and the transgressors are the losers.
3. O Ummatul Muslimeen! Bid farewell to this month with sighs, with cries and constant weeping when you say: "Salaam to you, O month of Revelation: Salaamto you O Month of Forgiveness (of Allah) and release from Jahannum! Salaamto you O Month of the Illumination of Hearts! Salaam to you, O Month ofcompensation of past sins! Salaam to you, O Sacred month, wherein lies anight which is better than a thousand months! Fortunate indeed is the onewho took for his or her companion one who helped himor her in the worship of Almighty Allah during this great night of Tawbah and Forgiveness.
4. Allah be Praised! Glad tidings are for him or her who endeavoured in Ibadahduring the Night of a thousand months - the Sacred Night of Lailatul Qadr. Iswear by Almighty Allah Rabbul Ala'meen that this is the grand night to beclean of wrongdoing; and of forgiveness and generosity of Almighty Allah;and the Night of Remembrance of Almighty Allah Jalllah Wa'ala Most Mercifuland Exalted. A Night of Ibadah and a night of discharging our Zakat to the poor, the needy, the orphan, the wayfarer, the destitute and the underprivileged.
5. O you who believe! Welcome this Great and auspicious Night of Glory with ahigh and noble aim and with a strong will to worship and please our MostGlorious Creator and Sustainer. So many positions are raised on this greatnight; so many calamities are removed and so many repentance accepted; andso many good desires are fulfilled. Almighty Allah has sworn in His ownwords: "Ha Meen! I swear by the manifest Book [of Truth], that We sent itdown during the Blessed night [of Ramadan]".
6. The sacredness of this great night is due to the coming down of AlmightyAllah's Mercy and Bounty, and the acceptance of our Ibadah, oursupplications, our Duah's and our good deeds for the night is also named"The Night of release from the fires of Jahannum and the night of AlmightyAllah's Mercy. Rewards and sustenance from our Glorious Maker is distributed during this grand night and our lives are prolonged or shortened. This isthe Night wherein our Most Merciful and Exalted Lord addresses all true believers:
"Is there anyone who will beg for My forgiveness?
Is there anyone who will repent, for I will accept
his or her repentance? Is there anyone who will
ask his or her needs of Me, for I will give him or
her whatever is asked."
7. Salaam, Salaam, O Month of Ramadan! Salaam to you, O Month of Ramadan!Salaam to you, O Sacred month, whose nights are blessed by Almighty Allah,and are a means of one's past sins! Salaam to you, O Month of Virtue andBlessings of Almighty Allah: Salaam to you, O Month of Charity and offasting! Salaam to you, O Month of Ibadah, Tarawee and remembrance of Allah!Salaam to you, O Month of Takbir and glorification of Allah!
8. Salaam to you, O Honourable Visitor, whom we have welcomed(enthusiastically). O Traveller, we bid you an honourable farewell. Salaam,Salaam, O Month of Ramadan! Blessed are you O Month of Ramadan. O Month ofRamadan! We do not know whether you will be a witness for us, or against us(on the Day of Judgement). This is your last interview with us; we do notknow whether you will return to us (in our lifetime) or whether death willoverpower us. O Month of Ramadan! How fortunate is the person, to whom youwill return with blessings of Almighty Allah, and how fortunate is the one,against whose misdeeds you will be a witness (on the Day of Judgement!).
9. May Almighty Allah bless our Masaajids' with your presence for a long time,and may He light our lamps with your divine light. The performance ofTarawee is coming to an end, and our lamps are going to be put off (by yourdeparture). No one will wait for Iftaar, and no one will see the stars forhis or her Suhuur. For a time our bellies were under your command, and oureyes were kept awake in constant Ibadah. Undoubtedly, we are for Almighty Allah, and to Him we will all return! Oh! How sad will be your departure and separation from us. The day of your departure will be sorrowful for all of us.
10. May Almighty Allah Rabbul Ala'meen take mercy on the person who bid farewellto Ramadan with repentance and devotion. All of you should say: "O AlmightyAllah! Let us be among those who have attained salvation during the Holymonth of Ramadan. Deliver us from the fires of Jahannum, by the honour ofRamadan. Pardon us with Your Mercy, O Most Merciful of those who show Mercy.And all praise is due to Almighty Allah, the Lord of all the worlds. I seekrefuge in Almighty Allah, from Shaytaan the rejected one. (Says AlmightyAllah in the Holy Qur'an)! "The pious will reside in an abode of Peace, in Jannah (with) fountains; they will be dressed in brocade and silk, as theysit before each other.
11. And all Praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds. We seek refugein Allah from Shaytaan, the rejected one. Says Allah in the Most HolyQur'an: "Ramadan is the Sacred Month wherein the the Most Holy Qur'an hasbeen sent down, which is a true guidance for mankind, and contains manifest Signs of the Right Path, and, is a distinction between Good and Evil."
12. Salaam, Salaam O Holy month of Ramadan.
Salaam, Salaam O Month of Ramadan.
13. "Subahana Rabieka Rabiel Iezzatie Amma YaseefoonWasalamoon Alal Moersaleem Wal Hamdoelillahi RabbielAla'meen Bierahmatika Ya Arahammar Raheemeen."
Ameen Ya Rabbal Ala'meen.
Baarak Allaahu Feekum wa-sal Allaahu wa-Sallam 'alaa
Nabiyyina Muhammad Sallallahoo Alayhi Wasallam.